IceMobile combines data & digital to deliver personalized mobile experiences for customers, e.g. in the field of loyalty programs for food retailers. We supported IceMobile with the IaaS implementation of its newest application.
- Each update, however small, if it passes the integration tests, will automatically be deployed across the environments
- With this fully automated AWS environment, IceMobile now delivers a state of the art application from both an application as an infrastructural point of view
IceMobile was seeking for a party that could implement the cloud infrastructure with CI/CD in mind, in a short period of time, allowing its developers to focus on their core job.
Besides that, IceMobile had some important requirements for this project. On the one hand, the company wished to keep the project in line with their overall existing architecture; and on the other hand, IceMobile wished to use the latest AWS possibilities to improve overall CI/CD speed and quality of work.
The most important requirements were the use of Docker for all services, and the software deployments needed to run with as little manual intervention as possible. Also, new deployments of the software needed to be tested automatically against the already running services, before they were deployed to the other environments.
In order to achieve our goals, we primarily used the standard managed services from AWS:
- EC2 Container Services for the Docker clusters
- CodeBuild and CodePipeline for the deployments
- and a few Lambda functions for specific tasks like automated integration testing
You can find an extensive description of below process at our AWS blog page.